Sunday, March 22, 2015

Just Keep Swimming & The 30 Day Challenge - Day 9

My dear 8-year-old daughter is a swimmer. She swims on the team at a local YMCA. For Day 9 of the 30 Day Challenge I made her this little sign. It looks SO CUTE in person, but it really didn't scan well at all! The colors are not right and it looks blurry to me. Oh well! This just goes to show that there is no technology can compare with our senses!


I painted the background with watercolors and used acrylic paint to write the text. The fish are markers and watercolor. I outlined the text with an iridescent glitter pen (which doesn't show in the photo) and made bubbles rising up from each fish with a gloss medium. thedailymarker.com

Here are my fish sketches and a few random quotes I saw that day on the web that I jotted down on the scratch paper as well. My daughter liked the ones that smile the best!



1 comment:

  1. really cute. Never expect the photo to look as good as it does in person. I love it

    ReplyDelete